Makes: 4 Servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Dive into mounds of luscious vegetables smothered over a whole wheat crust, artfully seasoned with olive oil-herb blend, including basil and garlic. Serve with a side salad and simple home-made vinaigrette.
- 2 tablespoons salt-free Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 12-inch, whole-wheat pizza crust, thin, pre-baked cooking spray
- 4 Roma tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a small bowl, mix Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend with olive oil.
- Place pizza crust on pizza pan. Brush pizza dough with olive oil blend, reserve remainder.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss vegetables and remaining olive oil blend.
- Spread coated vegetables evenly over pizza dough, leaving about 1/2-inch border around the edges. Top vegetables with shredded cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a side salad and a glass of juice.
Ideas for a Side Salad: Spinach, Tomato Slices and Vinaigrette (made with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp sugar, and 1 tbsp low-sodium seasoning blend)
United States Department of Agriculture - https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes/myplate-cnpp/herbed-garden-pizza