Author: Martha, Simple Nourished Living
10 hrs 20 mins
Calories: 340 kcal
Simple, easy and delicious corned beef and cabbage made in the slow cooker.
- 6 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 6 medium red or yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 medium head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4-pound) corned beef with the seasoning packet, trimmed of any excess fat
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6 to 7-Quart Oval
- Place the carrots, onion, potatoes and cabbage in the slow cooker.
- Pour water over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the spices from the seasoning packet evenly over the meat and then place the meat on top of the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours (or until the meat and vegetables are fork tender.)
- Remove the corned beef from the slow cooker and let rest on a cutting board for 15 minutes. Thinly slice the meat across the grain. Place on a platter. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the vegetables out of the slow cooker and place them on the platter alongside or around the meat. Serve with mustard or horseradish, if desired.
Large chunks of peeled parsnips and/or turnips would also be delicious.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *9
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *11
Simple Nourished Living - https://simple-nourished-living.com/slow-cooker-corned-beef-and-cabbage-recipe/