- 2 cups rice noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (19 oz) mixed beans, drained and rinsed (about 2 cups)
Yield: 8 servings
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, carrots and celery until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and broccoli; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in teriyaki sauce, hot pepper sauce, beans and rice noodles; cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- For a milder flavor, omit the hot pepper sauce.
- This recipe reheats well, so it makes for a great packed lunch the next day.