Makes: 6 Servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Colorful and hearty, this savory pie is a great way to showcase summer vegetables. Serve it as a side dish or a meatless entrée.
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Zucchini, fresh, unpeeled, 1/8" sliced
- 1 cup Tomatoes, fresh, 1/8" sliced
- 3/4 cup Corn, frozen, whole kernel, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice, fresh squeezed, seeds removed OR Lemon juice bottled
- 1 teaspoon Dill weed, fresh, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt, table
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Whole-wheat bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lightly coat a medium baking dish (8” x 8”) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place zucchini slices in the bottom of the baking dish, cover with tomato slices, and top with corn.
- Sprinkle lemon juice evenly over vegetables.
- Make seasoning mixture: In a small bowl, mix together dill, salt, black pepper, parmesan, and bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over vegetables and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Heat to 140 °F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
- Cut int 6 even pieces. Serve 1 piece.
Critical Control Point: Hold for hot service 140 °F or higher.
CACFP Crediting Information:
1 piece provides 1/4 cup vegetable.
For a quantity recipe that yields 25 or 50 servings see: https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/quantity/child-nutrition-cnp/corn-zucchini-and-tomato-pie.
United States Department of Agriculture - https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes/child-nutrition-cnp/corn-zucchini-and-tomato-pie
CACFP Multi-Cultural Recipe Project - Team Nutrition: Adapted from http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/yf/foods/fn1513.pdf.